Healthy Montgomery Community Health Improvement Process
Since 2011 we have provided support to Healthy Montgomery, the Community Health Improvement Process for Montgomery County, Maryland. Healthy Montgomery’s purpose is to: identify and describe disparities in health status among the County’s communities and populations, identify unmet health needs, develop and implement action plans to meet those needs, and evaluate the effectiveness of the strategies implemented.
Our partnership with Healthy Montgomery includes facilitative leadership, technical assistance, and resource development in these areas:
- Recruiting and convening community partners;
- Soliciting input from community residents;
- Designing and implementing the community health needs assessment and health issue prioritization processes;
- Developing and implementing action plans for community health improvement;
- Preparing action plan reports; and
- Evaluating action plan strategies.