Call for CHW Consultant Trainers
The Institute for Public Health Innovation (IPHI) is currently recruiting experienced and organized community health worker (CHW) consultant trainers to support our organization. The CHW Consultant Trainer must be familiar with the role of community health workers and have had at least two to three years of experience training health outreach concepts. The CHW Consultant Trainer will be responsible for administering community health outreach training to newly hired CHWs, CHW Supervisors, organizations, and their community or clinical teams. The training will be conducted through core competency skills and continuing education programs in a variety of formats, including online/e-learning, virtual classroom, live instructor-led, and blended learning environments.
The CHW Trainer Consultant will:
- Participate in CHW training as an attendee to understand the materials, information and develop a facilitation style supportive of the CHW role.
- Participate in the train-the-trainers to get acclimated to the training curriculum and associated materials.
- Support the current community health worker team with a demanding training schedule to facilitate numerous training when necessary.
- Provide health outreach, core competency skill, and disease-specific information with knowledge of adult learning methods and participatory activities to ensure skill adoption.
- Engage in continuous learning and training.
Consultant Trainer Requirements and Qualifications:
- Two (2) years’ previous experience as a CHW trainer, health outreach training specialist, or related position.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, business, human resources, information technology, or related field.
- Preference for individuals with work experience in non-profits, local government, or health and human services organizations.
- Experience with training and curriculum development.
- From and or familiar with the DC, Maryland, and Virginia Region is a plus but not required.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), and instructional software
- Experience with technologies and best practices for instructional manuals, teaching platforms, and virtual meeting technology and tools such as (Zoom, Jam Board, etc.)
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A commitment to health equity and racial justice.
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups on complex community issues.
This is a contractual position and consultants will receive an agreed-upon fee for work on a project completed by a specified date. This fee will be calculated at an hourly rate based on the project budget and required deliverables. This position does not come with company benefits.
Location: IPHI has offices in Washington, DC; Largo, MD; and Richmond, VA. In 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, IPHI has a flexible telecommuting policy, though some travel, in-person meetings, and on-site work are likely to be required for this position.
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please contact: Dwyan Monroe, IPHI CHW Program Coordinator [email protected]
PLEASE NO CALLS!