D.C. Outreach Workers’ Conference 2018
On July 24 and 25, 2018, IPHI co-hosted the 1st Annual DC Outreach Workers’ Conference with DCPCA, DC Health, and La Clinica del Pueblo. The 2-day event brought together CHWs, outreach workers, and stakeholders to participate in workshops and get up to date information on the state of public health in DC.
Presentations and training topics included:
- National CHW Policy
- Health & Immigration
- HIV in DC
- Chronic Disease Self-Management
- Mental Health & Trauma-Informed Care
- The Opioid Epidemic & the Role for CHWs
- Naloxone Training
- CHW Sustainability: CHW Advocacy
- Love, Sex, and Spirituality
- The CHW Professional Association of DC
We look forward to connecting with CHWs monthly at our continuing education sessions and CHWPADC meeting and to working with other stakeholders to continue moving CHW sustainability forward in D.C.
Check out photos from the day here: DC Outreach Workers’ Conference Photos