IPHI and the Prince George’s County Food Equity Council host Focus Groups to Address Food and Beverage Marketing
*NEW DATES ADDED*
The Institute for Public Health Innovation (IPHI) and the Prince George’s County Food Equity Council (FEC) are working in partnership with the National Collaborative for Health Equity and Drexel University to host focus groups in Prince George’s County, MD. The overarching objective of this study is to stimulate community action to address the targeted marketing of unhealthy foods. View the flyer for additional details.
Participants can participate in the focus groups if they are:
- Males or females between the ages of 18 to 25
- Males or females between the ages 26 to 55 who have children ages 3 to 17 in their household
- Self-identified as African American or Black American
- Willing and available to participate in the two rounds of focus groups, held approximately 1 week apart at designated dates and times
- Able to give informed consent
- Able to speak, read, and understand English
- Currently living in Prince George’s County, MD
Times and Dates of Focus Groups
- 18-25 year old adult focus group: December 4th & 9th, 6:30-8:00 pm
- 26-55 year old adult focus group: December 3rd & 10th, 6:30 – 8:00 pm
To sign up or for more information, please call or email Lauren Nixon at (240) 252-2016 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Drexel University received funding for this study from Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health, and the study is sponsored by Bloomberg Philanthropies.