Center for the Community Health Workforce
A Regional Center for Advancing Community Health Worker Practice, Research and Policy
Leveraging growing opportunities for peer-based workforce strategies, IPHI launched the Center for the Community Health Workforce (CCHW) in 2013. The Center for the Community Health Workforce is a new, broad-based regional partnership across the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia that fosters collaboration to grow and support the community-based health workforce with a particular focus on CHWs.
The CCHW will:
- Support the development of regional standards and scopes of practice for CHWs;
- Further develop a teaching program for the training and continuing education of CHWs;
- Support the development of CHW networks across DC, MD, and VA;
- Provide consultation and technical assistance to organizations that request help in planning, operating, or evaluating CHW programs;
- Support the effective integration of CHWs into clinical and community-based teams and the design of policies and programs that facilitate retention of CHWs;
- Engage in research and innovation relating to CHW models;
- Serve as a clearinghouse for regional, national, and international CHW best practices; and
- Support policy development to finance and sustain CHW service models across the region.
To support and learn more about the ongoing work of CCHW, please email us at CCHW@institutephi.org.
Register using the button below to subscribe to our monthly CCHW Connection E-bulletin:
Or click the button below to download our most recent issue of The CCHW Connection E-Bulletin: