Policy, Systems and Environmental Change
IPHI works with its partners to strengthen service systems and public policy and shape community environments and conditions that contribute to healthier communities.
For example, we coordinate multi-sector efforts to improve food systems and housing conditions, lead a regional campaign to advance municipal policies that contribute to healthier community environments, and facilitate partnerships aimed at more effective, integrated systems of prevention and healthcare services. Below are a few current examples of our policy, systems and environmental change work.
Healthy and Sustainable Food Systems
- Prince George’s County Food Equity Council
- Maryland Food Charter Project
- Prince George’s Fresh: A Pilot Food As Medicine Program
Healthy and Affordable Housing
More Effective Health Service Systems
Multi-Dimensional Policy, Systems and Environmental Change Projects
- Healthy Montgomery Transforming Communities Initiative
- The HEAL Cities and Towns Campaign
- Transforming Prince George’s County Communities Through Health in All Policies
- “Health in All Policies” Technical Assistance