Case Study: Health Department Accreditation
We offer customized training and technical assistance on practices that will position your health department to achieve accreditation from the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB), while emphasizing the benefits of engaging in those practices. According to PHAB, the benefits of accreditation include:
- Demonstrated accountability to constituents and improved quality;
- Opportunity for performance feedback and quality improvement;
- Demonstrated accountability for resources and credibility of health departments; and
- Heightened staff morale and visibility due to meeting national standards.
Our accreditation educational and training modules are tailored for health officials/senior management, accreditation coordinators, and staff.
Educational module topics provide an overview of “the basics.” Topics include:
- Accreditation preparation;
- Quality improvement plans;
- Workforce development plans;
- Community health assessments;
- Community health improvement plans; and
- Strategic plans.
In addition, we offer a variety of training and skills-building modules to assist you in:
- Engaging in quality improvement activities,
- Leading health improvement processes,
- Designing and implementing performance management systems, and
- Developing strategic plans.
The modules have been designed in a highly flexible manner in order to meet your needs. They can be expanded and contracted, offered virtually and/or on-site, and otherwise modified according to the target audience and available venues. Custom training and technical assistance is available for individual health departments in addition to groups of health departments.
Our offerings are specifically tailored to meet the Public Health Accreditation Board’s (PHAB’s) related standards and measures. In addition, sessions are designed in accordance with all related PHAB staff training requirements.