Healthy and Equitable Communities Training
IPHI offers training and technical assistance to organizations and coalitions committed to addressing the dramatic health inequities found in communities throughout the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia.
People of color, people of low income, rural and inner city communities, and other groups experience higher rates of disease and mortality across many health conditions, including heart disease, cancer, diabetes, violence, injuries, and infant mortality. These disparities prevent individuals, families, and communities from enjoying long, productive lives and reaching their full potential.
IPHI’s training and technical assistance will provide your staff and partners a straightforward framework for understanding the root causes of health disparities and assist you in identifying effective strategies to promote health equity. IPHI can support you by:
- Providing a conceptual framework to help your staff and partners understand the multiple factors that influence health disparities
- Guiding you through root cause analyses to assist you in identifying the social, economic, and environmental conditions, policies, and systems that shape health outcomes
- Creating a safe space to discuss the impact of systems of discrimination on health outcomes
- Helping you think through the types of partnerships that are necessary to promote health equity, with a special focus on engaging affected communities as equal partners
- Working with you to assure your organizational or coalition policies and practices are designed to most effectively promote health equity
- Identifying best and promising practices to inform program and policy development and implementation
- Facilitating the development of specific strategies to promote health equity in collaboration with your target populations
Our training workshops can be conducted over a few hours to several days, onsite or virtual, depending on your needs. Ongoing technical assistance is tailored to help you incorporate a commitment to health equity into your organizational strategic priorities and to meet your programmatic, grant, and other goals.
IPHI Healthy and Equitable Communities Training Workshop
COMPLETE THE WORKSHOP INTEREST FORM BELOW: