I’m an individual looking for CHW training:
I’m an organization looking for training/technical assistance:
As a public health institute, IPHI plays an important role in:
- Providing workforce training opportunities
- Giving technical assistance to governments and community partners
- Building the community’s ability to improve health and health equity
Training and Education – Health professionals should keep learning, improve their skills, and grow as leaders to be as effective as possible. IPHI is a resource for creating shared learning opportunities in the region through educational sessions and in-depth training programs.
- IPHI trained:
- Over 1,000 community health workers (CHWs) on how to better improve the community’s health
- 200 traditional and non-traditional public health professionals on advancing health equity and racial justice in their work
- Over 130 healthcare organizations about including CHWs in their clinical care team
Technical Assistance – IPHI helps organizations and community partners achieve their organizational and community health goals through technical assistance and capacity-building support. Our work aims to help others integrate an equity lens in analyzing data, engaging the community, developing coalitions, and implementing strategies.
Capacity Building – With partners, IPHI is able to ensure under-resourced communities get the ongoing health services, resources, and care necessary to maintain healthy lives. Putting equity into every aspect of organizational procedures and community practices is essential to a successful community.