DC & PGC GETS VAXXED!
The DC & PGC Gets Vaxxed! is a 12-month community health initiative led by IPHI in partnership with local community-based organizations through Wards 7 and 8 in the District of Columbia (D.C.) and Prince George’s County (PGC), Maryland.
This COVID-19 vaccination initiative is funded by a $1M grant from the Human Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). IPHI’s main mission is to provide residents in D.C. and PGC with the proper education, resources, and linkage to COVID-19 vaccines and boosters.
DC & PGC Gets Vaxxed! collaborated with community partners to provide vaccine services, linkages to health care, and other resources such as mental health and housing services. Partners throughout this project include Whitman Walker Health, Family Medical Counseling Services Inc., Metro Health, Capital Area Food Bank, Food and Friends, Volunteers of America, La Clinica del Pueblo, and Damien Ministries.
The outreach is made possible by community health workers (CHWs) who support community members throughout Wards 7 & 8 and along the beltway of PGC. CHWs can be found doing:
- community canvassing,
- hosting webinars,
- providing education at local food banks/food giveaway events,
- community health fairs,
- COVID-19 vaccination events,
- and more!
As of September 2022, CHWs connected:
- 15,076 individuals to assistance under DC & PGC Gets Vaxxed!
- 16,470 individuals to vaccine outreach and education information
- 4,172 face-to-face contacts with individuals to address barriers to COVID-19 vaccination
- 757 individuals to vaccinations supported through education, referrals, transportation, reminder calls, and/or personalized on-site support
To learn more about DC & PGC Gets Vaxxed!, please contact Program Manager Nephtalie Dorceus at [email protected] or 240.253.4214.