IPHI and Transformative Changes are co-hosting a CHW town hall meeting on November 16, 2023, from noon to 2 p.m.
The New Virginia Majority provides Spanish translation.
We want to hear from Virginia CHWs!
- What’s working and what’s not working?
- Feedback on draft policies that affect CHWs?
- Any ideas for improved engagement and support?
CHWs are also referred to as:
- Case Worker or Public Health Aide,
- Community Care Coordinator,
- Community Health Advisor/Educator/Promoter/Representative/Worker,
- Community Outreach Worker/Specialist or Neighborhood Health Advisor,
- Consejera/Animadora (counselor/organizer) or Promotor (a) de Salud (health promoter),
- Environmental Health Aide or Family Service Worker,
- HIV Peer Counselor,
- Lactation Consultant/Specialist or Maternal/Infant Health Outreach Specialist,
- Lay Health Advisor,
- Lead Abatement Education Specialist,
- Patient Navigator Peer Educator, and more.
- Give CHWs a space to share their stories and experiences
- Identify issues impacting CHWs with potential policy solutions
- Educate CHWs about current policy initiatives impacting their work
- Provide information about ways CHWs can become more civically engaged to support the workforce
For more details, please contact [email protected].