On July 24 and 25, 2018, IPHI, DCPCA, DC Health, and La Clinica del Pueblo worked together to organize the 1st Annual DC Outreach Workers’ Conference. The 2-day event brought CHWs, outreach workers, and stakeholders together to participate in workshops and get up-to-date information on the state of public health in DC.
The presentations and training topics included:
- National CHW Policy
- Health & Immigration
- HIV in DC
- Chronic Disease Self-Management
- Mental Health & Trauma-Informed Care
- The Opioid Epidemic & the Role for CHWs
- Naloxone Training
- CHW Sustainability: CHW Advocacy
- Love, Sex, and Spirituality
- The CHW Professional Association of DC
We look forward to connecting with CHWs monthly at our continuing education sessions and CHWPADC meeting and to working with other stakeholders to continue moving CHW sustainability forward in D.C.
Check out photos from the day: HERE.